We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
In The Cosmos you will be able to browse for worlds that have been uploaded by the community. Search for specific architects or worlds and see what others are creating. Create an account and upload your creations to share with others.
Account Creation[edit | edit source]
1. To create an account simply click the create account button.
2. Enter a valid email address.
3. Enter a valid username. (This username will also be what other players see you as in multiplayer games)
4. Enter and confirm your password.
5. Hit create account.
Tip: If you forget your password you will need to make a new account but luckily once you are logged in we will save your password for you. You don’t need to be logged in to view and download worlds but you must log in to share them.
Sharing to the Cosmos[edit | edit source]
1. To share worlds simply login with your newly created account.
2. Click the share worlds button.
3. This will bring you to 5 empty save slots. (see screenshot below)
4. Click an empty save slot.
5. Select one of your favorite worlds and wait for it to be shared in the Cosmos.
6. To delete one of your worlds click on the red icon on one of your shared worlds.
Searching and downloading from The Cosmos[edit | edit source]
1. To browse or search the cosmos click on the New Game button from the main menu.
2. Once here notice the featured worlds filter is already selected. These are the default worlds created by the developers and will soon contain worlds you make that we they are really cool!
3. Clicking the Latest or Keyword will bring up a list of shared worlds to browse.
4. Once you have selected one of the Cosmos filters you can also search.
5. Once you find a world you want to check out click it and wait for it to download.
6. If you load into a world that has offensive content please open up your options menu and report it!
Tip: Worlds will load in the default build mode the architect uploaded it with. Feel free to save it locally and try it in another mode. Having trouble searching for things? Currently searching is case sensitive so be sure to get the exact capitalization.
Hosting Network Multiplayer Games[edit | edit source]
1. To host a multiplayer game first choose a new world or saved world
2. Once there you will have the all the options in the screenshot above. (With the exclusion of Pytha VI -- Ancient Ruins which is locked in realistic mode)
3. Once you pick the game mode you can select Online or LAN. (Choose Online to play with people not on your internal network or LAN for people on your Local Area Network.)
4. Be sure to name your game something unique that is not just the planet name. This will make it easier for your friends to find your game once you share the game name with them.
5. Click Play and you will load into the game as the host.
6. Players that are hosts will need to approve join requests from players.
Tip: Having trouble finding games? Use all capitals or no capitals as searching is currently case sensitive. You can also host a game from within a world you are already playing in by opening the options menu and clicking share online or share on LAN. Be sure to set your game name before clicking to share.
Joining a Multiplayer Game[edit | edit source]
1. Click the Find multiplayer game button.
2. Type in the name of the game you are looking for but be sure it is an exact match.
3. When the game is found the host will need to approve your request to join.
4. Once the request is approved the host will begin to stream the world to the player.
Tip: Large worlds can be problematic with the current implementation of multiplayer. If you are seeing disconnects during streaming try a smaller world. If you can’t find the game you are looking for and you are sure the game name is right try hosting and having your friends connect to you.