Release notes for Patterns release 0.01k
May 7, 2013
New Planets and Gravity from the core[edit | edit source]
- Planetoid 1- A Hexagon shaped planet made from triangular shapes. 6 Biomes representing different environments and geology.
- Planetoid 2- One giant cube made from many smaller cubes. This is a canvas world and it is featureless. It is easy to build on and is ready for you to shape it how ever you see fit.
- Protoworld 2- Not a new world but we did a pass on optimizing it. This is a great place to start if you are new to the game. Gravity pulls directly down in this world.
Game Modes[edit | edit source]
Any Planet or save game can be entered into in one of three modes.
- Unbound: A very powerful mode that includes flying, unlimited substances and all shapes, powerful beam breaking power, and physics turned off.
- Easy Build: This mode includes basic inventory of shapes and substances and physics are turned off.
- Realistic: You need to earn all your shapes and substances and physics are turned on.
Construct Edit Mode[edit | edit source]
Right click on a shape connected collection of shapes you have placed and enter CEM. In CEM the object you are working on is hi-lighted and the rest of the world is grayed out.
In this mode you can do the following:
- Add more shapes to your construct.
- The Twist tool you can twist individual shapes or entire portions of the construct.
- The Selection tool enables you to add and/or deselect other shapes to be included or excluded from your Construct.
- Relocate your Pattern by click and drag on the Move tool.
- Save your Pattern to your Inventory.
- Re-Anchor your Pattern by clicking on a new face.
- Paint tool will transmute a single shape with one click or transmute the entire construct with a double click.
- Turn the entire construct into Debris.
UI Update[edit | edit source]
The front end shell and in game UI have all been updated.
Performance and Optimization[edit | edit source]
- Frame rate improvements.
- Greater efficiency in the new worlds in how they are constructed.
- First pass and automation used to convert Protoworld 2 to the new optimized state.
Note: Your save games will benefit from our Data 2 conversion and some of our general optimization improvements. Those world will likely not perform as well as the new planets added in this update however.